Crispy Pork Rolls
- Flavour base (see below)
- 300 gms lean pork mince
- 1 C finely shredded Chinese cabbage or regular cabbage
- 1 egg white
- 15 spring-roll wrappers
- oil to brown, about 4 tbsp
- AROMATIC FLAVOUR BASE:
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced lemon grass
- greens of 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Mix flavour base with mince, cabbage and egg white until evenly combined.
Place two tablespoons of mixture on each wrapper, fold in ends and roll up tightly like a fat cigar.
Brush with oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Chill until ready to cook, up to four hours.
Bake at 190°C until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
For Crispy Chicken Rolls, use 300 gms chicken mince instead of pork. For Crispy Prawn Rolls, use 300 gms minced prawn meat instead of pork.