Four Fruit Crumble
- 150g standard white flour
- 120g butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Butter for greasing
- 6 large feijoas
- 150g chopped rhubarb (about 1 generous cup) well washed
- 1 cooking apple (granny smith or ballarat)
- 1 banana
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter. Rub in with the fingertips (or use a pastry blender) until well amalgamated, then mix in three tablespoons of the sugar, the almonds and lemon zest. Lightly butter a 20cm round, shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Halve the feijoas and scoop out the flesh. Put in the dish with the prepared rhubarb. Peel the apple, discard the core and slice finely. Add to the dish with the sliced banana and mix in the rest of the brown sugar.
3. Spoon the topping over the fruit, patting it down with the spoon to ensure all the fruit is covered.
4. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C (regular) for about 35 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and you can see the fruit juices bubbling through the crumble topping. Serve with cream, custard, ice-cream or Greek honey flavoured yoghurt.