Fresh Pea & Bean Pesto
- 2 handfuls fresh peas, podded
- 1 handful fresh broad beans, podded and shelled
- 1 handful grated parmesan
- 1 handful mint, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- dollop good, peppery, extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- baguettes or bread
Smash up peas and beans in a mortar with pestle.
Add parmesan, mint and basil and smash again until it makes a green paste.
Add lemon juice and olive oil to loosen mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon over freshly toasted baguettes or bread and serve as a starter with a good Marlborough sauvignon blanc.