- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon toasted coriander seeds, ground coarsely
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 courgettes diced 2cm
- 12 baby carrots, peeled
- 8 vine ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 300g can chickpeas, drained
- 150 g green beans stalks trimmed, halved
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup peas
- flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a small handful of flat leafed parsley sprigs
- 200g creamy feta, crumbled
- warm flatbread to serve
Heat the oil over moderate heat and add the garlic, thyme, bay, coriander seeds, onions, courgettes and carrots.
Fry gently, for about 15 minutes, without browning, until the onion is soft.
Add the tomatoes and fry until thick.
Add the chickpeas, beans, water and vinegar, mix well and bring to the boil. Simmer 3 minutes.
Add the peas and cook 3 minutes.
Taste and season. Pour into a shallow serving platter and cool to just above room temperature.
Sprinkle the parsley over the top.
Serve with the crumbled feta on top and plenty of warm flatbread to mop up the juice.
Suggested Wines to Go With Today's Recipe
Clearview Black Reef Blush
Goldwater Rose Pinot Noir
Matua Valley Innovator Bullrush
Millton Rose Te Arai Vineyard