Herbed Chicken Pieces with Fresh Green Peppercorn Sauce and Balsamic Salad
- 2 tbsp green fresh peppercorns
- ½ cup plain firm yoghurt, Greek style
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, basil, marjoram, mint)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh small spinach leaves (about 100g)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g speck (parma ham, or bacon), cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- optional: shavings of parmesan cheese
Crush the peppercorns and add to the yoghurt. Leave for a few hours.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss into the mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then stirfry the chicken pieces over a medium heat until cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
Wash the spinach and place in a salad bowl with the pine nuts. Heat the olive oil and sauté the speck or bacon cubes until crisp, then pour in the balsamic vinegar and turn off the heat. While still warm, toss the mixture with the spinach salad, adding shavings of parmesan if desired.
Arrange the salad and chicken on individual plates and serve with the sauce at the side.