Honey Salmon with Toasted Sesame Seeds, Quinoa & Shaved Fennel
- 150 gms fresh salmon per person, skin on, scored diagonally.
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, dry toasted in frypan.
- 2 dessertspoons manuka honey
- ¼ cup quinoa, soaked overnight in water to cover
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- lemon zest finely diced, and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ red capsicum finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or plain water
- ½ fennel bulb, finely slivered
- ¼ cup chopped sage
- flaky salt
Drain and rinse the quinoa and gently simmer in stock for about 15 minutes - when the white grains have popped it is cooked. Be careful not to run dry of stock or water.
Add onion, zest, juice, garlic and capsicum. Toss together.
Cook salmon skin side down, on baking paper (to stop sticking) in hot, dry frypan until skin is seared. Flip over carefully and place into pre heated oven 160C. When salmon begins to bleed milky juices after a couple of minutes or so, turn element off and leave for about a minute in the warmth of the oven.
Gently warm sesame seeds and honey together in a saucepan and pour over salmon. Shave fennel bulb finely, combine with sage and plate up this healthy dish!