- 250gm jellyfish
- 10gms dried wood ear mushroom- (soaked)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions – thinly sliced
- half a bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted)
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic ( crushed )
- 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Soak the jellyfish in about three cups of water and refrigerate for six hours. Drain and replace the water after four hours. Drain the jellyfish and squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
Slice the jellyfish into strips about 1/4 inch wide.
In a pot or a wok heat enough water to submerge them. Bring the water to a boil and turn the heat off. Let the water cool for about two minutes. Submerge the jellyfish in the hot water. Stir the jellyfish for about 30 seconds. Drain and let cool.
Refrigerate the jellyfish when cooled.
Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
Just before serving squeeze any extra water out of the jellyfish and toss them together with the wood ear mushroom and cucumber in the sauce. Place the salad on a plate and garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and coriander.