A colourful salad that is best made ahead.
(For 6 – 8 servings)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 – 2 sticks celery
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cucumber cubes
- 1 cup chopped, cooked green beans
- 2 – 4 Tbsp chopped coriander
- ¼ cup olive or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- finely grated rind of 1 lime or ½ lemon
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
Finely chop all the vegetables into small pieces about the same size as the corn and mix in a bowl. Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jar and add to the vegetables.
Mix the dressing gently but thoroughly through the vegetables, then leave to stand in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Toss coriander through salad just before serving.
This recipe is reproduced from ‘Sensational Salads’ by Simon and Alison Holst, published by Hyndman Publishing.