Mulled Apple Crumble
- 1/4 cup Mulled Lemon & Honey cordial
- 10 walnuts (shelled and roughly cut)
- 10 almonds roughly cut (or 1 Tbsp sliced almonds)
- 150 g butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey (or brown sugar)
- 500g jazz apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Mulled Lemon & Honey cordial
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
Reduce Mulled Lemon & Honey cordial until sticky (about 5mins on rolling boil, stirring constantly).
Add walnuts and almonds and cook for 3 mins (stirring).
Add cinnamon and butter.
Once butter is melted add rolled oats and cook 2 mins.
Stir in honey and take off heat.
Stir in flour and set aside.
In an open pot, heat Mulled Lemon & Honey cordial and apples.
Poach on a medium heat, stirring constantly. Apples are ready when cooked through but still firm.
Taste and add honey to sweeten if necessary.
Place poached apples in a 20cm baking dish and sprinkle with crumble mixture
Bake in moderate oven (150 degrees C) for 20 mins.