New Potato Salad, Green Beans & Crisp Bacon with Rocket & Almond Pesto
Ingredients Rocket & Almond Pesto
- 4 cloves garlic
- 110 gms parmesan cheese, grated
- 110 gms skinned almonds, lightly roasted
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 gms rocket
- 300 ml olive oil
- To make the pesto: in food processor whiz the garlic, parmesan, almonds and salt then add the rocket leaves, pulsing until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined (keep it slightly chunkier than bought pesto).
Ingredients Simple Grilled Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Brush four single chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin-side down in a hot frying pan and sear for two minutes. Turn and sear for another two minutes, then transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Slice the meat and serve.
Ingredients New Potato Salad, Green Beans & Crisp Bacon
- 1 kg gourmet small potatoes
- 200 gms mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 150 gms rocket pesto
- 200 gms green beans
- 150 gms bacon
- salt and pepper
Boil the potatoes (keeping whole) until just tender, then allow to cool.
In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard and rocket pesto (recipe above) until well combined.
Top and tail the green beans and blanch in boiling water, ensuring they stay crisp. Plunge into iced water to preserve bright-green colour.
Grill the bacon until crisp, then finely slice.
Gently fold the potatoes, beans and bacon in with the mayonnaise and rocket pesto mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve alone or with simple grilled chicken (recipe above) and good crusty bread.