Oysters with Lime and Fennel Salsa
Servers as an entree for 4, or just as a light snack.
- 24 fresh half shell oysters
- 80g fennel bulb finely diced
- 40g red onion finely diced
- 1 lime
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 10 ml Pernod
Finely grate the zest of the lime and squeeze the juice.
Mix lime juice, zest, fennel, onion, olive oil, Pernod and season to taste.
Remove oysters from their shells and spoon a little salsa into each shell.
Put the oysters back into the shells on top of the salsa and add a little more salsa.
Serve immediately giving 6 per portion.
Cable Bay Sauvignon Blanc