Persimmon, Feta and Rocket Salad
This pretty salad is good to serve for lunch on a sunny winter day, or as a first course for Sunday lunch.
- 1 firm persimmon
- 1 miniature cucumber, or a quarter of a telegraph cucumber
- 75g crumbly feta
- handful rocket leaves
- a few toasted almonds (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Quarter teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of salt, pepper and sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or other mild oil
Quarter and peel the persimmon and slice into thick wedges. Put into a mixing bowl.
Cut the unpeeled cucumber into chunks. Add to the bowl, together with the crumbled feta. This can be done an hour ahead of time.
Just before serving, add the rocket leaves and optional toasted almonds.
Put all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Pour over the salad and toss gently. Pile onto 2 plates and serve immediately.