Potato, capsicum and bean salad
Image courtesy of Potatoes New Zealand.
New potatoes at their best with delicious new season beans or substitute asparagus for the beans when asparagus is in season.
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed, cooked, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 bunch beans, cut in pieces, blanched and drained (or substitute with asparagus when in season)
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into small pieces (or substitute with tomatoes if capsicum is out of season)
- ½-1 cup chopped fresh mixed herbs (basil, coriander or parsley)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
Place potatoes, asparagus, capsicum and mixed herbs in a salad bowl. Blend oil, vinegar and sugar together. Pour over potato mixture. Season generously with pepper and mix well. Variation: Add cooked bacon.