Roasted Beetroot with Soft Cheese & Olives
- 4 lge beetroot
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 kalamata olives, de-stoned and quartered
- 2 medium sized sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked from the stalks and chopped
- 200 gms fresh goat cheese
Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
Simmer the beetroot in salted water for about 40 minutes until soft.
As soon as they are cool enough to handle, slip off their skins and cut each one in half lengthways, then cut each half into three.
Place the beetroot in a roasting tray just large enough to hold them and toss with the vegetable oil. Season with salt and black pepper and roast for 25 minutes until the sides of the beetroot begin to caramelise.
While the beetroot are cooking, whisk the honey together with the vinegar and oil, add the olives, stir in the chopped rosemary and season to taste.
Once the beetroot are roasted, transfer them to a serving dish, slice the goat cheese, pop it on top and then spoon over the olive and rosemary dressing.