Roasted cauliflower, rosemary & walnut soup
I cannot urge you strongly enough to make this soup. With a delicately earthy flavour and a comforting creaminess (though it’s dairy free), you’ll absolutely love it. Simple enough for weeknight preparation and definitely elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 medium / large cauliflower
- 1 onion – finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic – finely diced
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves – finely chopped
- 2 litres vegetable stock (can also use chicken stock)
- ¾ cup (70g) raw walnuts
- salt and cracked black pepper
- coconut oil or olive oil for roasting and sautéing
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Chop cauliflower into medium-sized florets. Toss with a generous dollop of the coconut or olive oil and roast for 30–35 minutes until tender and the tips are lightly browned.
Heat a generous spoonful of oil in a large saucepan over a medium / low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for five minutes, without browning, until the onion is translucent. Add the cannellini beans and rosemary and cook for a further three minutes, stirring regularly. Add the stock, cauliflower and walnuts. Bring to the boil, before simmering for 20 minutes.
Use a blender or stick blender to puree until silky smooth. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
This recipe is from Wholehearted by Kelly Gibney.