Sapasui - Chop Suey
700gms Gravy Beef/Chuck steak
2x packets vermicelli noodles
2x bulbs Garlic
1x large brown onion
1/2 ginger root
1. Slice meat into bite sized pieces and cook on the stove with oil over medium heat.
2. Soak vermicelli noodles in COLD water to soften - set aside
3. Peel and crush garlic
4. Peel and crush ginger
5. Peel and slice onion
6. Trim vermicelli with scissor to shorten the noodles - drain.
7. Add ingredients to meat one at at time:
8. Start by adding 1/2 cup of oil - stir
9. Add a hand full of onion - stir
10. Add garlic - stir
11. Add remaining onion - stir
12. Leave for a few minutes then add enough soy sauce to cover the meat (a generous pour)
13. Simmer for a few minutes before adding the vermicelli - bit by bit - keep stirring.
14. Stir until all the noodles have turned brown.
15. Add 1 cup of water.
16. Cover and leave to cook for 5 minutes
17. Serve with rice or taro.