Scallops with Garlic & Parsley
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 24 scallops (or more if available)
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200C. Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon of the oil until soft and pale gold.
Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then tip into a bowl and mix with parsley and breadcrumbs. Some chopped capers and/or some diced, skinned red peppers can be added at his stage.
Add scallops to breadcrumb mixture, then add remaining oil and season. Pile scallop mixture into serving plates and bake for 8 minutes until it is bubbling at the edges and breadcrumbs are starting to turn golden brown. Serve with a wedge of lemon and crusty bread.