Simon Gault's Mussel & Corn Fritters
- 1 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder or use self raising flour
- ½ tps ground black pepper
- 125 gms grated Parmigiano
- 125 gms chopped onion
- ½ cup drained whole kernel corn
- 500g mussel meat
- Remove tongues and main muscle
- Cut into halves or thirds dependant on size
- 2 eggs Lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
Put flour, salt, baking powder (if used), pepper and Parmigiano into a bowl and mix together
Add onion, drained corn and mussel meat. Mix through dry ingredients.
Add the eggs and ONLY enough of the milk to create a thick batter.Cook until golden brown. Reheat in pan or microwave.
Microwave with caution so as to only heat not cook.