Tomato Ricotta Oatcake Canapés
This recipe uses small cherry tomatoes. Use a variety of colours to add more flavours and make the dish look fantastic. With thanks to Grant Allen at COOK.
- small Oatcakes (we use Humble Oatcakes minis)
- ricotta (we use Clevedon Buffalo ricotta)
- 1 punnet coloured cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar about 1 tbsp
- liquid honey about 1 tbsp
- fresh thyme (or basil, oregano, mint, chives or parsley)
- salt and pepper
Mix together balsamic vinegar, honey and chopped herbs. Season well with salt and pepper. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss into the balsamic mix. Leave for about half an hour.
Spread some ricotta on each little oatcake and top with a tomato half.