Traditional Potato Wedges
The best homemade wedges are made from floury textured potatoes – these potatoes will be labelled as baking or roasting.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Scrub potatoes, but preferably do not peel.
3. Cut each potato into about 8 wedges.
4. Place 1-2 tsp vegetable oil in a bowl. Add potato pieces and toss to coat.
5. Alternatively, spray with oil so the potatoes are lightly coated.
6. Place on a non-stick oven tray.
7. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
8. Turn at least once during cooking.
Image courtesy of Potatoes New Zealand.
- Season by sprinkling wedges with your favourite herbs and spices.
- The chunkier the chip or wedge, the healthier they will be because there will be less surface area to absorb oil.
- Leave the skin on to retain all the nutrients, especially fibre.