Truffles for Christmas
- 1 x 700g rich fruit Christmas pudding
- ½ cup cherry or orange flavoured liqueur
- 400g (approx.) dark chocolate buttons (use milk button if you prefer)
- 120g (approx.) white chocolate buttons
- red and green glace cherries
Using a suitable microwave bowl break up the pudding into small pieces.
Pour over with desired liqueur. Microwave for approx. 5 minutes.
When cool mix well and roll into truffle size balls.
Set aside for the balls to firm – placing in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes will help.
Melt chocolate buttons in microwave set at 50% power.
Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate – use a dipping tool or a normal size fork and transfer the truffles onto a tray lined with baking paper or foil.
When chocolate set dip top in white chocolate and decorate with small pieces of red and green cherries.