Papua New Guinea's acting Electoral Commissioner, Andrew Trawen, says the National Court must make it clear if votes from last year's failed Southern Highlands regional election should be counted in April's fresh elections for the province.
Yesterday, National Court judge, Sir Kubulan Los, ruled that the Electoral Commission was unreasonable to say that votes from last year's failed election cannot be counted in April's fresh elections.
Mr Trawen says the court's decision is not clear because Sir Kubulan did not order the Commission to count votes from the earlier election
If the votes from the failed election must be included in April's elections then the Electoral Commission will have to have another look at the timing of the new elections.
Those fresh elections are scheduled to start next Thursday with voting to be held from April to May.