Five villages in American Samoa have been urged to boil water after a bacteria which can cause illness was found in their water systems.
The villages are not hooked up to the government water system.
The Environmental Protection Agency says coliform and fecal coliform bacteria was discovered in the water catchments for the villages of Fagamalo, Fagalii, Vatia, Afono and Onenoa this month.
The EPA says the bacteria can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches, or other symptoms.
Residents of the affected villages have been advised to use either boiled or bottled water for drinking, baby formula, washing dishes, brushing teeth, making ice and food preparations.