An employee of Samoa's Ministry of Agriculture is being investigated by police following the death of a 26 year old man after drinking a poisonous chemical police describe as methanol spirit.
Four other men who were part of the drinking session were admitted to the Tupua Tamasese national hospital high dependency unit for medical care.
The assistant police commissioner and spokesperson, Papali'i Li'o, says the five men drank the spirit last Friday.
According to Papali'i one of the victims got the bottle of methanol from the Ministry of Agriculture, but he says it's too early to comment further until the investigation is completed.
A post mortem will be held today to confirm the cause of death of the 26 year old man.