A second Samoan man has died after drinking methanol spirit as police continue investigations into an incident last week when five men were admitted to hospital following a drinking session involving methanol
Police spokesperson and assistant commissioner, Papali'i Li'o, says the 26 year old died last Friday while two others are still under medical care at the national hospital's high dependency unit.
The other man was treated and discharged.
The first man who died after drinking the liquid was laid to rest last week-end.
He was an employee of the Ministry of Agriculture working as an animal health officer.
Meanwhile the Ministry of Health is to run educational programmes to further inform the public especially the youth on the dangerous of different types of toxic chemicals such as methanol spirits. ends