Fiji businessman Ballu Khan will not be released from hospital as earlier reported.
Mr Khan's partner Agnes Bulatiko had on Thursday said that he would be released yesterday but this however did not happen.
Fijilive online says Mr Khan is currently at the Suva Private Hospital where he has been admitted for the past few weeks.
An earlier medical report on Mr Khan from the Colonial War Memorial Hospital showed that he received a fracture on the base of his skull and his jaw was broken, following an alleged assault by police officers.
He was taken into custody last month over his alleged involvement in the plot to assassinate interim Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama and key members of his Cabinet.
No charges have been laid against Mr Khan as he is yet to be questioned by police.
Police believe he is the key suspect in the alleged assassination plot.
Eleven people have been charged in connection with the alleged plot.