The Indonesian government has given the green light to mining company Freeport to recommence operations at the world's biggest copper and gold mine in the remote province of Papua.
The mine has been forced to halt operations since a tunnel collapse on May 14 killed 28 people.
Last week a group of 70 locals attacked property and rioted at the site, amid claims that people were starving as a result of not having any work.
The government's special investigation team is still working on its report into the cause of the collapse and Freeport says it is fully cooperating.
Permission has been granted to begin milling and open pit operations but not yet for underground operations.
The President Director of Freeport Indonesia Rozik Soetjipto says he continues to mourn the loss of life and renewed his commitment to making facilities safe.