Four people have died in Fiji from fish poisoning and another is in hospital in the village of Somosomo in Gau.
FBC News reports this was confirmed by a local villager in Somosomo.
Suliasi Saqaleka said they caught the fish from the village foreshore on Wednesday, which was eaten for lunch by the whole clan.
He said four of the clan members started feeling sick a little later and were taken to the Qarani Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.
Eight other members of the clan are also showing symptoms of fish poisoning and are resting in the village.