The Northern Marianas Attorney General has approved for autopsies to be carried out on the remains of three workers who died while working inside a 7 metre sewer well on Saipan.
The Department of Public Safety, which made the request, believed the three died from toxic gas exposure.
The autopsies would be conducted at the Commonwealth Health Center's morgue this morning.
The three workers were employed by by a sub-contractor to the Commonwealth Utilities Corporation.
The federal agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, is also investigation the deaths.