5 Mar 2018

Vanuatu student dies from electric shock

3:13 pm on 5 March 2018

A 20 year old student on the Vanuatu island of Ambae has died after being electrocuted at St Patrick's College.

The student was reported to have been hanging a wet towel on a wire, without knowing that it was live.

The Vanuatu Daily Post reported a headmaster had been electrocuted at the Anglican Mission School 50 years ago.

The Ministry of Education has advised principals throughout the country to warn their students to take extra care when using electricity, especially if they are wet.