24 May 2018

Wairarapa flood protection plan confusing - locals

From Morning Report, 8:38 am on 24 May 2018

Wairarapa residents living in floodprone areas are confused and angry about a proposal to change the way they pay for flood protection. The Greater Wellington Regional Council wants to change the rating system so those who benefit most from flood protections works pay 70 percent of the cost, with the remaining 30 percent covered by everyone else. At the moment the split is about 50/50.