Shigeyuki Kihara is an artist and curator. She is a native of Samoa; her first solo exhibition in North America entitled Shigeyuki Kihara: Living Photographs was recently held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York following the acquisition of her works by the museum for their permanent collection. Her works are held in selected private collections internationally, including that of Giorgio Armani. Shigeyuki is this year's Paramount Award Winner of the 21st Annual Wallace Art Awards.
Galu Afi: Waves of Fire by Shigeyuki Kihara.
Shigeyuki Kihara on Radio New Zealand
- Shigeyuki Kihara on the Arts Foundation website
- Shigeyuki Kihara
- Flower Power
- Interview - Art Through Time - The Body
- NZ Herald - 8 Sept 2012 article
- Thames & Hudson Publishers - Autofocus Photographers
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art listing
- Taualuga: The Last Dance - Te Papa Blog
- 'Tsunami inspires winning artwork
- Videonale 11