Twenty people have been treated for nausea and light headedness after being exposed to concrete sealant in Christchurch this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the Tower Junction Shopping Centre shortly before one o'clock.
A Fire Service spokesman said the sealant was laid yesterday, but today's hot weather meant people were exposed to the fumes.
The victyims were assessed at the scene, a St John spokesperson said.
No one had been taken to hospital but ambulances remained at the scene.