Some property owners on Christchurch's Port Hills have put their rebuilding plans on hold again, and have been told they won't know whether their land is safe until at least April.
A city council report, released last week, revealed a major storm could cause earthquake-affected land to move, and that 134 homes are affected.
Property owners were told at a meeting on Wednesday night that a second and final report will be released in April.
Wayne Jamieson's green-zoned property had already been given consent for a rebuild, and the builders were supposed to start on Wednesday.
Mr Jamieson says he's spent $32,000 planning the work, and it could all be for nothing if the final report confirms his land is unsafe.