Businessman Sir Owen Glenn says the Glenn Inquiry into child abuse and domestic violence is going ahead steadily, with more money earmarked for the report despite setbacks in the last year.
He was commenting after the investiture ceremony at which he formally received his knighthood at Government House in Auckland on Wednesday.
Sir Owen Glenn's $2 million independent inquiry into child abuse and domestic violence has been mired in controversy.
A number of people resigned since a revelation that Sir Owen offered a plea of no contest to an allegation of abuse by a woman in Hawaii more than a decade ago. Sir Owen said in July he did not abuse the woman.
In July this year it was unclear whether he was staying with the inquiry.
But after the investiture, he said he would be staying and will present its progress to the United Nations in November. "We're conducting more interviews, hopefully about 270, between now and December."
He also said he has earmarked more money for the project. The amount will be discussed at a meeting with the inquiry's board on Thursday.