A charge of assault against All Black Julian Savea has been withdrawn by police after the sportsman completed an anti-violence course.
The 23-year-old was accused in April this year of assaulting his partner following a domestic disagreement.
He had previously taken part in the "It's Not OK" anti-domestic violence campaign and at the time of his first court appearance apologised to his partner and child for "doing some things that are wrong".
Savea's lawyer Lucy Scott told the Wellington District Court on Friday that her client has successfully completed an anti-violence course. The charge was then withdrawn.
Savea was not in court for the brief hearing. But in a statement issued through his lawyer, Savea apologised again to his former partner and their child and the groups whose anti-violence campaign he fronted.
Savea said he was taking steps to change his behaviour and looking forward to the future without violence.