Insurer Southern Response says it is well on the way to settling the claims of a group of frustrated homeowners who have been protesting outside its head office in Christchurch.
One hundred of its customers were promised by the company's chief executive two weeks ago that their earthquake-related claims would be looked at.
Protesters picketed the office on Monday, saying two weeks after their first protest little progress had been made.
By the end of the day most were provided with "action plans" detailing how their claim would be handled.
Southern Response chief executive Peter Rose says although he can make no guarantees, progress is being made.
He says in response to the protesters' concerns, his company is now considering independent damage reports and providing full costings for repair estimates.
Minister backs insurer
Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee has defended Southern Response, saying the protesters should be more open about their circumstances.
Mr Brownlee says Southern Response is doing a good job and is working its way through claims as best it can.
He says some of those leading the protest should make their own personal details public, so people can judge if Southern Response is being fair or not.
"There will be cases where people have expectations that are well in excess of what the policy can deliver and I think some of the people who are leading the protest really should put some of their own personal details into the mix so that a proper judgement can be made by the public about just how fair or otherwise Southern Response are being."