A young adult has been admitted to hospital in the Turangi-Taupo area on Monday with measles, three days after a 15-month-old was treated for the infectious disease.
Toi Te Ora's medical officer of health Phil Shoemack says there have now been 13 confirmed cases of measles in the area.
He says the outbreak can be traced back to a few people who went to Sydney for a dance competition in early December last year.
Dr Shoemack says the baby has since been discharged from hospital.
He believes there could be other cases of measles over the next week or two, but it is hoped there won't be.