Three teenagers who were injured after they lit a cigarette while huffing butane last week are in a stable condition in Auckland's Middlemore Hospital.
Two girls aged 14 and 15 and a 17-year-old boy were seriously injured in an explosion at a Mangere property on 8 September.
The police said the three were hit by a fireball so powerful it blew out windows and set them on fire.
A Middlemore Hospital spokesperson said they were all in a stable condition and recovering in the National Burns Centre.
The police have not yet ruled out laying charges over the incident.