Rallies are being held across New Zealand today to try to save current affairs show Campbell Live.
Over 100,000 people have signed the Save Campbell Live petitions organised by ActionStation and Scoop, which will be presented to TV3.
In Auckland about 50 protestors have gathered and are marching to Mediaworks headquarters.
MediaWorks announced that the nightly current affairs programme was under review, and some media commentators said the show would be axed.
A small, but passionate crowd, marched down a busy Christchurch road at lunchtime to protest the potential axing of the programme outside the MediaWorks office.
About 60 people gathered in Hagley Park with makeshift signs and a loudspeaker before marching down Lincoln Road chanting 'Save Campbell Live'.
City councillor, Ali Jones, attended the protest and said the current affairs show had provided vital coverage of Christchurch issues since the earthquakes.
She said insurance and Earthquake Commission woes would not have made it into households around the country without Campbell Live and said journalism should not just be about ratings.
Ms Jones said the call to keep Campbell Live on air was not politically motivated and was not "us having a go at the Government".
Instead it was about keeping people's stories in the public eye.
The programme has been aired on TV3 Monday through Friday for over ten years last month.