Several police officers have attended a ceremony to bless the Auckland park where a 21-year-old man was shot dead on Sunday night.
David Cerven was killed at Myers Park in the central city after a lengthy confrontation with the police, in which they said he claimed to be armed.
Police leaders, as well as representatives from Auckland Council and the Auckland District Health Board, held a karakia at the park this afternoon.
Auckland City District Commander Richard Chambers said he was there to pay his respect to Mr Cerven's family, and to represent colleagues involved in the fatal shooting.
Mr Chambers said police had been in continuous contact with Mr Cerven's family since Sunday night.
Police said earlier today that the emergency call made by Mr Cerven minutes before he was shot and killed would not be made public.
Mr Cerven had called the police 20 minutes earlier and told them he was at the park.
Police said the 111 call would not be released for processing reasons, and in the interests of the maintenance of law and justice.
Myers Park has now been reopened to the public but cordons remain in place while a scene examination continues.