A police officer shot during a siege in Kawerau last week remains in hospital, the police have said.
Police commissioner Mike Bush said on a police blog yesterday three of the officers had been discharged from hospital but one remained in hospital.
"I'm pleased to advise that three have been discharged, but one is still receiving treatment in hospital," Mr Bush wrote.
"I know the Police family will continue to support them and we wish them a speedy recovery."
"I also want to thank the New Zealand public for their good wishes and kind thoughts."
The man suffered a head injury in the Kawerau siege, during which three other officers were also injured.
He was operated on at Waikato Hospital. The names of the four police officers wounded in the siege are suppressed.
Rhys Warren, 27, is due back in court next Thursday facing four charges of using a firearm against police officers.
The stand-off started last Wednesday after the officers were shot near Kawerau during what the police said was a cannabis raid.
It ended the next morning when Mr Warren surrendered to police after liaison officer Warwick Morehu entered the house where Mr Warren had been holed up.