The reopening of Wellington's cable car has been delayed for two days as workers try to tidy up the site.
The cable car has been closed since June as part of a $3 million upgrade to the carriages and winding gear.
A city council spokesperson Richard MacLean said the service was supposed to resume at 7am on Monday, but that had been put back to Wednesday.
"We've had a Swiss Austrian company in there doing some serious work on the winding gear. We've also gutted the cable cars, we have given them a new paint, new interior, new seating all sorts of things, so in other words it will be worth another couple of days just to see the changes that we've made."
Mr MacLean said the upgrading of Cable Car Lane would continue until October.