An Otago kindergarten has been given the all-clear over arsenic in its drinking water in the second of three tests.
Children at Hawea Kindergarten were asked to bring bottled water last week, after the discovery of unsafe levels of the poison in their water supply.
Parent company Kidsfirst's chief executive, Sherryll Wilson, said a second round of lab tests had found no detectable levels, but a third test would be done as a precaution.
"Obviously for us, doing the third test will give us a bigger picture now that we've got one positive result and one negative result. Then to know what sort of action we take, after the third result is received, if any."
Ms Wilson said children should still bring bottled water in the meantime.
Arsenic occurs naturally in local bore water, a Kidsfirst statement said.