Port Hills residents are being told to remain on alert - and to be ready to leave if needed - with warm weather and strong wind gusts forecast for later in the week.
Nine homes were destroyed and two were partially damaged in the fires that scorched 2075 hectares of land last month.
The state of local emergency covering Christchurch and Selwyn will expire this evening.
Christchurch Mayor Lianne Dalziel and Selwyn Mayor Sam Broughton took advice from the Rural Fire Authority, New Zealand Fire Service, police and Civil Defence in making the decision.
Civil Defence said almost all the fire perimeter area - more than 99 percent - was controlled, with at least a 10m break between the edge of the fire zone and vegetation.
All evacuees have been allowed back to their homes.
Seventeen rural fire crews were on site today.
A Civil Defence spokesperson said they were aware of public concern about a hotspot in the Christchurch Adventure Park. Fire crews would monitor this overnight.
The forecast for Friday was for warmer temperatures, lower humidity and strong to moderate north-west winds, with gusts of 40-60km/h predicted.
Ms Dalziel said rural fire crews from Christchurch and Selwyn were still working to manage hotspots within the fire zone, which, at more than 1800 hectares, was extensive.