Auckland's central city streets are expected to swell today with thousands of America's Cup fans celebrating Team New Zealand's win.
The team and the Auld Mug arrived at Auckland Airport yesterday, where they were met with rapturous cheers.
Starting on Queen Street at Wakefield Street at 12.30pm, today's victory parade will go down Customs Street East, Gore Street and Quay Street, finishing about 3pm at Princes Wharf and the Viaduct harbour.
The team will then take to the water and sail around the Viaduct Basin, North Wharf, Hobson Wharf, Princes Wharf and Queens Wharf.
Police said fans should allow plenty of time to get to the event due to large crowds, traffic and road closures.
Auckland Transport said many main central roads would be closed and parking restrictions would apply throughout the area between 9am and 3pm.
Public transport timetables would operate normally, but with some bus routes diverted and extra buses on key routes.
MetService said rain was expected, with possible heavy periods from 2pm onwards.
- 9am to 2pm: Wakefield Street, Rutland Street, Lorne Street.
- 10am to 3pm: Queen Street, Wyndham Street, Shortland street, Fort Street.
- 10am to 5pm: Customs Street West, Market Place.
- 11am to 2.30pm: Wellesley Street West, Wellesley Street East, Victoria Street West, Victoria Street East, Bowen Avenue, Customs Street East, Sturdee Street, Lower Albert Street.
- 11am to 3pm: Quay Street, Hobson Street, Gore Street.
- Police ask people not to leave anything visible in parked vehicles, and look after belongings and valuables.
- Extra ferries: from Hobsonville at 10am leaving Auckland at 2.45pm, from Pine Harbour at 10.30am and 10.50am with return sailings at 2.30pm and 4pm. The Devonport service will operate every 15 minutes up to 11.45am, starting again from 3.30pm from Auckland
- Parking restrictions: 9am to 3pm on Victoria Street West (between Franklin and Halsey), Queen Street, Customs Street East, Anzac Avenue, Wakefield Street, Beach Road, Quay street, Mayoral Drive, Lower Hobson Street, Customs Street West, Beaumont Street.