The wintry blast that has swept the country over the past three days is set to bring more snow, rain and gales.
The wild weather has caused widespread power cuts, road closures and flight delays, while flooding in the lower North Island forced some evacuations yesterday.
- More rain, severely southerlies and snow are expected today.
- Power is out to 10,000 homes in the lower North Island and 3500 in Wellington's northern suburbs.
- Major roads in the North Island are closed.
- Four trampers are overdue in the Tararua Ranges.
- Farmers in the North Island are now taking their turn to deal with the storm.