Ten finalists will fight for the title of 'New Zealand's Favourite Sporting Moment of 2013' at next month's Halberg Awards.
Golf, basketball, yachting, motorsport, rugby league and softball all feature, including Team New Zealand's near capsize during the America's Cup, Scott Dixon winning the IndyCar title and teenage golfer Lydia Ko turning professional.
Rugby provided three finalists, including the Chiefs winning back to back Super Rugby titles and Ryan Crotty's last gasp try against Ireland to secure the All Blacks perfect season.
The category is the only people's choice award at the Halbergs, which take place in Auckland on February 13th.
The full list of 2013 New Zealand's Favourite Sporting Moment finalists are:
1. The New Zealand Black Sox winning the Softball World Championship
2. The Breakers winning their third straight Australian National Basketball League Championship
3. Steven Adams being drafted by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA draft lottery
4. The Chiefs winning back to back Super Rugby titles
5. Emirates Team New Zealand nearly capsizing in Race 9 of the America's Cup
6. The All Blacks recording an epic test victory over South Africa at Ellis Park
7. Golfer Lydia Ko turns professional at just 16 years of age
8. Scott Dixon winning the 2013 IndyCar title
9. Shaun Johnson's last minute try that helped the Kiwis beat England in the Rugby League World Cup semi final
10. Ryan Crotty's last-gasp try against Ireland which secured the All Blacks perfect season.