The world golf number one Tiger Woods has decided not to play in this week's World Challenge golf event which he has hosted in California, for the past nine years.
Woods, who has dominated news headlines since crashing his car outside his Florida home in the early hours of Friday morning, says he won't be attending due to injuries sustained in the accident.
In a statement on his website, Woods says he'll return to action next year.
The World Challenge, to benefit his charity foundation, ias set to begin early Friday morning New Zealand time.
Woods crashed his vehicle early Friday morning near his Florida home and was taken to a hospital with scrapes.
Citing unnamed sources, The Golf Channel reported that doctors advised Woods not to travel due to headaches and soreness.
Woods also missed his charity tournament last year while recovering from knee surgery.