The former Indian opening batsman Virender Sehwag says banning bouncers following the death of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes would be unfair on bowlers.
Sehwag says batsmen always have the option of ducking under short-pitched deliveries.
Hughes, who would have been 26 last Sunday, died last Thursday after being struck on the back of his head by a short pitched delivery, but Sehwag, who has scored two triple centuries in tests, feels there should be no clampdown on bouncers, because the game is already dominated by batsmen.
Sehwag last played for India in March last year, but the 36-year-old hasn't given up hope of playing in next year's World Cup here and in Australia.
Australia v India
Meanwhile the first cricket Test between Australia and India will now take place in Adelaide as part of a major reshuffling of the series following the death last week of Hughes.
The first Test was supposed to start in Brisbane on Thursday, but has been delayed until next week and switched to Adelaide to give grief-stricken players more time to recover, with Hughes' funeral taking place on Wednesday.
The dates for three of the four tests have been changed and the entire series squeezed into 33 days, despite fears of player burnout before the World Cup, coming up here and in Australia early next year.
Adelaide Oval, which was due to host the second Test from December 12-16, will now host the series opener which will starts today week, Brisbane will now host the second Test starting on the 17th of this month, and the third Test in Melbourne will proceed as planned starting on Boxing Day.
Chief executive James Sutherland said in a statement on Saturday that Cricket Australia "couldn't or wouldn't expect our players to be emotionally ready to start a Test match the day after farewelling one of their team-mates".
First Test: Adelaide Oval, December 9-13
Second Test: The Gabba, December 17-21
Third Test: Melbourne Cricket Ground, December 26-30
Fourth Test: Sydney Cricket Ground, January 6-10